Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

4/02/2012

Bowling Ball Cake scene

Miss V was traumatized a few years ago when I ordered a GIRL bowling cake and didn't look at it when I picked it up.  When it was cake time and opened the box, it clearly is not a girl on the cake.  Since then she asks that I do not order a cake from the grocery store.  I have learned how to make a Monkey Face cake and a pair of flip flops for the past two years.  This year since she turned 10 we said she could have a BIG birthday party and she chose bowling with a few of her friends.

Then began the search for bowling cakes.  One of my friends sent me lots of cute idea and Miss V said she liked the most elaborate cake scene...I explained that I don't have that kind of talent.  Her response was cute "But Mummah, I have faith that you can make this, you are the best!"  With that comment, I couldn't let her down.

So I did the best that I could and it came out pretty good.  If you ask her it is the coolest birthday cake EVER!

So here is the process...pretty simple.  A batch and half of rice krispy treats, Wilton Sports ball pan, premade fonant, canned white frosting, and food coloring.













I also made a batch of cupcakes and cookie bowling pins.


Happy 10th Birthday Miss V!!!



Sharing this entry here:
Melt In Your Mouth Monday, #61

2 comments:

Lisa @ Snappy Gourmet said...

oh my goodness, that cake is incredible! YOu make it look way too easy! :)

Erin said...

That is so completely cute! Excellent job!!!

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails