Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

3/06/2012

Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter Cookies

I felt like making a small batch of cookies so I just whipped these up.

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter (I used Dark Chocolate Dreams)
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl, set aside. Beat the butter and sugars with an electric mixer set on medium, until light and fluffy.

Add the egg, vanilla and peanut butter. Beat until well blended. Gradually add the flour mix. Stir in the peanuts if desired.

Shape dough into 1 inch balls; place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten dough balls with a fork, creating a criss-cross pattern.

Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool cookies on cookie sheets for 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.

I make mine a bit bigger with a medium cookie scoop.  This makes 24 nice sized cookies.

These came out really well!   I love the subtle chocolate flavor.  I bet Miss V is going to love them when she gets home from school.



1 comment:

Carole said...

Nice blog. You might like my recent post about my current favorite gadget - a jar key. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/02/useful-kitchen-gadget-jar-key.html

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails