Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

2/06/2012

Easy Taco Casserole

I made this for dinner Friday night.  It was pretty good, but did not photograph very well. The recipe comes from the Taste of Home Ground Beef magazine.

1 pound ground beef
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I subbed sour cream, the idea of cooked mayo turns my tummy)
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 cups crushed tortilla chips
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 medium tomato, chopped
2 cups shredded lettuce

In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the salsa, mayonnaise and chili powder.

In an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the meat mixture, chips and cheeses. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Just before serving, top with tomato and lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.


It was kind of bland.  I think it would be better with taco seasoning.  I also used mild salsa and I could have used medium for more flavor and spice.

No comments: