Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

1/12/2012

Turkey Thighs in Spicy Cranberry Sauce

This is what we had for dinner.

1 (16 oz) Jellied Cranberry Sauce (I used whole berry)
1/2 cup bottled chili sauce
1 tbs white vinegar
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 1/2 to 3 pounds turkey thighs skinned (shhhh I used 4 or 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts and told Miss V that it was turkey.  For some reason she is on a chicken strike)

Stir together cranberry sauce, chili sauce, vinegar and pumpkin pie spice and pour into the bottom of your crock pot.

Place turkey thighs, meaty sides down on the sauce mixture.

Cover and cook on low for 9 to 10 hours or on high for 4 1/2 to 4 hours.  I cooked it for 6 hours on low and did flip the poultry once and spooned the sauce over the poultry pieces.

Transfer turkey to a serving dish.  Skim fat from sauce.  Serve sauce with turkey.



My dilema was that it smelled so much like Thanksgiving while it was cooking and I didn't know what sides to serve with it.  I needed to use up a bag of sweet potato fries.  But my head kept telling me that I needed stuffing so I made some up quickly and steamed up some broccoli.

This recipe also came from the Better Homes and Garden Better Than Most Slow Cooker Recipes.  It was a huge hit.

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails