Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

1/26/2012

Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta

When I spotted this recipe in my Taste of Home Ground Beef Magazine, I knew that I would have to make it.  In theory it sounds so yummy.  Well after making last night it did not live up to the hype in my head. 

8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
1 pound ground beef
6 bacon strips, diced
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
Barbecue sauce and prepared mustard, optional

Directions
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside.

In the same skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain. Discard drippings. Drain pasta; add to the skillet. Stir in the soup, beef and bacon; heat through.

Remove from the heat and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve with barbecue sauce and mustard if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.


First I subbed Rigatoni for the penne because that is what I had in the pantry. 

Next....the bacon. I have stainless pans and bacon just does not cook well in them.  I should have went with my gut instict and just cooked the bacon in the oven on a broiler pan like I normally do.  So my bacon was still pretty fatty which I do NOT like....

Then there was the canned tomato soup.  I am not a fan of tomato soup never mind canned tomato soup.  It really did not help this taste very well.  I think it would have tasted better with just a can of plain tomato sauce.

Would I make this again?  I am really not sure.  If I do it will be with some minor changes.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Is sounds like a good recipe. Sorry that it didn't turn out so well for you.
Kristin
(Holy Cannoli Recipes)

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails