Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

1/06/2012

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Mix (sorta copycat)

I threw this together last night since I am always running out of the packets.  Also there has been many times I see the box in the pantry and think, "oh I don't need to buy any this week" only to find out that the box is empty and didn't get put in the recycle bin.  I figure I can keep better track with it being in a clear container.


Ingredients:

5 cups of quick oats
1 cup of brown sugar
2 (or so) tsp of ground cinnamon
1 bag of dried apples, chopped into small pieces


I shook the container up to mix, but noticed that the apples still were stuck together.  I separated the apple bits with my hands and made sure that they were coated with cinnamon/sugar and then they were mixed in well.  You could also add a bit of salt to bring out the flavors better.

It came out great!!! 

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails