Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

12/28/2011

Panera Macaroni & Cheese

Miss V love Panera's Macaroni & Cheese and I was determined to find a copy cat recipe.  Well all of the recipes I found all talked about microwaving the roux.  That just seemed weird to me, doesn't that seem weird to you??

Anyway about two weeks ago I found a recipe from the Panera website.  You can check it out HERE along with the Chef's story. 

1 (16-ounce) package of medium shell pasta
¼ cup butter
½ cup all-purpose flour
2½ cups milk (I used whole)
6 slices white American cheese, chopped
1 cup (8 ounces) shredded extra-sharp white Vermont cheddar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon hot sauce (I used Frank's)

Prepare pasta according to package directions.

Melt butter over low heat. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute, whisking constantly.

Gradually whisk in milk (or cream); cook over medium heat, whisking until mixture thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat.

Add cheeses, mustard, salt, and hot sauce, stirring until cheese melts and sauce is smooth.

Stir in pasta and cook over medium heat for 1 minute (or until thoroughly heated).


Makes 4 to 6 servings.



Would I make this again?  YOU BET!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails