Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

12/17/2011

Glazed Eggnog Spritz Cookies

I had been searching for a new cookie recipe for this year's cookie swap.  I finally settled on this recipe from the Betty Crocker website.  I did have to make two batches.  The first batch only made about 50 cookies.  Not sure if it was because of the disc I used.  Either way they came out really well and are soft and delicate.

Cookies
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons rum extract
1 egg
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Rum Drizzle
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon rum extract
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, if desired

Heat oven to 350°F (if using dark or nonstick cookie sheet, heat oven to 325°F). In large bowl, beat granulated sugar and 1 cup butter with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in vanilla, 2 teaspoons rum extract and the egg until smooth. Beat in flour and 1 teaspoon nutmeg.

Place 1/4 of the dough at a time in cookie press. On ungreased cookie sheet, form desired shapes with dough.

Bake 6 to 10 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.

In small bowl, stir all glaze ingredients except nutmeg with spoon until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Pour mixture into small resealable food-storage plastic bag; cut off tiny corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle glaze on cookies. Before glaze is set, sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg over cookies. (I skipped that last step.  I do not like using ground nutmeg and I think fresh would have been a bit to strong.)

1 comment:

Angie said...

I get all giddy when there is eggnog in a recipe title...and spritz and eggnog in the same title? I am super giddy....My favorite holiday cookie along with my favorite holiday drink. YUMMMM-O

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails