Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

9/01/2011

Nuts 'n' berries trail mix

This morning while flipping though my Taste of Home Ultimate Halloween 2011 I spotted this recipe.  It looks like it would be a winner.  After I dropped off Miss V, I went to Sweetbay to pick up a few things I needed for dinner and picked up the ingredients for the trail mix.  I did have to make a couple substitutions.  I couldn't find Hazelnuts and I am not a fan of Wheat Chex.

2 cups EACH Cinnamon Chex, Corn Chex, and Wheat Chex (used Rice instead of Wheat)
2 cup Hazelnuts (used Almonds)
1/3 cup maple syrup (please use the good stuff)
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground nutmeg (use fresh)
2 cups dried cranberries


In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the cereals and nuts; set aside.


In a small microwave bowl combine the syrup, butter, brown sugar, salt and nutmeg. 


Microwave for 1 minute.  Stir until well blended.  Pour over the cereal mixture and toss to coat.  Microwave the mixture on high for 5 to 6 minutes; stirring after each minute.  Stir in cranberries.  Spread onto waxed paper to cool.




Store mixture in an airtight container.  Yields 2 1/2 quarts.

I did snitch a bite while it was still hot and it is super yummy!  I can't wait to try it when it cools off.

1 comment:

The Better Baker said...

MMM - some simply sweet 'n' salty going on with this winner of a snack. Love it!

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails