Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

9/23/2011

French Onion Stuffed Potatoes

So last week I picked up Food Network Magazine and I am always interested in the little pullout.  This month is 50 stuffed potatoes!  Both Miss V and I went through it and picked out a few that we definitely HAVE to try.

So tonight I decided to make the French Onion, after asking on my Facebook Page.

How to make stuffed potatoes:

Bake 4 russet or sweet potatoes, 10 fingerlings or 12 new potatoes at 400 degrees F until tender, 1 hour for russets, 50 minutes for sweet potatoes and 30 minutes for fingerlings and new potatoes. Split open, fluff with a fork and stuff as desired.

Cook 1 large thinly sliced onion in a skillet with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt until caramelized, 30 minutes. Scoop the flesh out of 4 baked potatoes and mash with the onion, 1/4 cup beef broth and 1/2 cup shredded gruyère. Stuff into the skins, top with more cheese and broil to melt.











These were incredibly yummy!!!!  We had them with a bag of salad.  Would I make them again, you bet!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails