Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

4/11/2011

Jelly Belly Flute Pops

The other day we had a girls shopping day.  We stopped at Bed Bath & Beyond and Victoria picked out a set of Jelly Belly Flute Pops and some Tutti Fruit syrup.





I read the directions for the Flute Pops which seemed easy.

Place Flute Pops molds into holder base.

Fill the Flute Pops mold using your favorite juice,  syrup, smoothie or other liquid.

Snap caps over the tops of the molds.  Freeze.

Remove individual Flute Pops mold from holder base.  Remove ice pops from the mold.  If necessary, dip into warm water to loosen.  Flip and place narrow ed of cap into the mold for a convenient holder.

I made them on Saturday afternoon and left them to freeze for 24 hours.  When I went to try to get the first one out.  The handle popped right out because the syrup wasn't completely frozen.  I dipped it into hot water for a second or two and it finally came out.  Victoria loved it but said it was really sweet.

Then I wondered if I should have diluted the syrup and then it would have frozen solid.

Well DUH....I just read the directions on the bottle.



It says for Ice Pops:  dilute 1 part syrup to 1 part water.  Pour into molds and freeze.

Well if I read that first it wouldn't have been a problem.  So I am letting the rest of the molds melt and will dilute them with water and refreeze.

What I am not thrilled with....If you make products that go together then please give directions on the Flute Pops mold too.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Ha! That's funny! Totally something I would have done =o)

Lynn - A Foodie and Her Family said...

Well, they are now completely refrozen. Victoria is trying one now and says it tastes much better!