Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

4/25/2011

Hearty Ham and Pear Panini

This little recipe came from Facebook via Betty Crocker.  I knew that I would have to try it!  I was going to wait until I could make some focaccia, but I just couldn't wait.  I had little sandwich rolls in the fridge that would work.

2 tablespoons yellow mustard

1/2 loaf focaccia bread (13 to 15 inches long), cut in half horizontally  (used mini sandwich rolls)
8 slices (2 oz each) ham (used left over Easter ham)
1 medium pear, peeled, thinly sliced  (used 1 Bosc)
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil

Heat closed contact grill 5 minutes.  (aka in our house...George Forman grill)

Spread mustard on bottom half of bread; layer with ham, pear and cheese. Cover with top half of bread. Lightly brush top of bread with oil. Cut sandwich into fourths.









When grill is heated, place sandwiches on grill. Close grill; grill 4 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.




They were super yummy and I am calling them Teeny Paninis! 

4 comments:

Alil Country Sugar said...

What a great idea...I love a great panini sandwich. The combinations are just endless.

Lynn - A Foodie and Her Family said...

Thanks Angie, these were so yummy!

Erin said...

Well this just sounds absolutely heavenly! It's making me so hungry just reading your post!

Donna said...

Love me some sweet & salty:) YUM!! Sounds fantastic