Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

3/14/2011

Bobby Flay's Trattoria Burger

This recipe comes from Bobby Flay's Burgers, Fries & Shakes book.

Ingredients:

1-1/2 pounds ground beef
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1-1/2 tablespoons canola oil
8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 8 slices
4 hamburger buns, split and toasted, if desired
4 slices ripe beefsteak tomatoes
8 fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
8 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil

Directions:

Divide meat into 4 equal portions and form each into 3/4-inch thick patties. Make a thumb impression in center of each. Season both sides with salt and pepper.

Cook the burgers, using caola oil and topping each one with 2 slices of cheese and a basting cover during last minute of cooking. (I just grilled the burgers)

Place a burger on the bottom half of each bun. Top with 1 slice of tomato and 2 basil leaves. Drizzle each burger with 2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Cover with bun tops and serve immediately.

I served them with Lays Tomato Basil chips.  Yum!



These were really good!!!


Sharing this recipe here:

Make A Head Meals, Melt in your Mouth #4

7 comments:

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Mmm, this sounds like a great recipe! I love a good grilled burger, and the addition of fresh mozzarella and basil sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

They look really delicious! Love the vinegar on them, tart & yummy!

Erin said...

Oh my! I need this RIGHT NOW! It looks so tasty it's making me so hungry!

keri said...

awesome burger and beautiful photos. i'll bet that was delicious. thanks for that.

keri

samwich365.com

Ott, A. said...

Just Stopping by from TMTT. Isn't Bobby Flay the best. I wanted to invite you to check out my Iron Chef Challenge This month's themed ingredient is canned tomatoes, so link up a recipe using those and you could win a prize. It should be a lot of fun, hope you can join us!!

My Little Space said...

Hi Lynn, thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. It's great to meet you. You're lucky because you can easily buy English muffins anywhere but not here. English muffin isn't very popular here. So, I have to make my own for my own crave. Btw, you have a such a lovley blog here and I love your heading & also the background. Simply beautiful. Hope to hear from you more often. Have a great day.
Blessings, Kristy

Anonymous said...

This looks delish. You obviously a unique way of cooking. I think this show would fascinate you http://www.facebook.com/pages/Extreme-Chef/195324160502642