Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

2/21/2011

Gusteau's Ratatouille (Rat-a-too-ee)

Victoria was so excited to make this for dinner.

1 large eggplant, cubed
1/4 to 1/3 cup olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 red or green pepper chopped
2 to 4 crushed garlic cloves
4 small zucchini, chopped
4 tomatoes, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
Parmesan cheese

Salt the eggplant, drain in a colander for 1 hour, and then pat dry.  Heat half of the olive oil in a large saucepan and briefly saute' the eggplant until brown, then add the onion and pepper.  Next, add the garlic, zucchini and tomatoes.  Cook until a soft stew has formed about 15 to 30 minutes.

Add the salt, pepper and basil.  Sprinkle with cheese and serve.  you can freeze leftovers.  Serves 4.

Gusteau's Tip:  This French Mediterranean stew is meant to be served over rice.




Recipe came from Victoria's cookbook, Ratatouille What's Cooking?

2 comments:

Megan said...

Looks like so much fun! I just love to get my kids involved in cooking too:) My mom didn't like to cook, so when I graduated I knew very little about cooking, and what I did know I had figured out myself. I think having skills in the kitchen is an awesome gift that we as parents should give our children! The theme night is a great idea, I might steal it!

Lynn - A Foodie and Her Family and Crafty Lynn said...

Thanks! My Mom let us cook when we were little and it was very fun. When my son was little he had zero interest in cooking my daughter on the other hand loves it and even went to Young Chefs Academy for a few years until the closed.

She is already trying to come up with another dinner and movie night.

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails