Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

8/30/2012

Chicken Tortilla Soup (my favorite version)

Reposted with a picture

I made this for a Teacher Appreciation lunch today.


Two large boneless skinless chicken breast (put on bottom of crock)
1 jar of your favorite salsa (I like using a medium spice)
1 can (14oz I think) diced tomatoes (with liquid)
1 box of chicken stock
2 tbs chili powder (more or less to taste)
1 tbs cumin (more or less to taste)
1 tsp white pepper (more or less to taste)
1 to 2 tsp ground thyme
2 tsp of kosher salt
1 bag of frozen corn

Put liquids on top of chicken. Cook on high about 3 hours or until chicken is cooked. Shred chicken. Return to crock. Add the bag of frozen corn and let cook for 30 to 60 minutes
Serve in a bowl with broken tortilla chips and shredded cheese. 
 
This is even better the next day.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

That sounds delicious, I love finding new soup recipes!

Lynn - A Foodie and Her Family and Crafty Lynn said...

Thanks Kristy! I love that you can make this as spicy or mild as your family likes and I have even used Newman's Own Tequila Lime salsa for a citrus kick.

Miz Helen said...

Hi Lynn,
Thank you so much for stopping by the cottage to have tea with me. I followed you back to enjoy your Chicken Tortilla Soup. Have a great week end!

Anon 4 now said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails