Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

10/28/2010

Pumpkin Crunch Parfaits

I originally saw the recipe for Pumpkin Crunch Parfaits on the Taste of Home site last year and had it bookmarked.  I am room mom for Miss V's class and we do Harvest Parties.  This year we decided to make it a luncheon with tukey sandwiches, mashed potatoes, stuffing and all the fixings.  I love making cupcakes but felt the need to switch it up a bit since the kids will also be making caramel apples.  My mind went right back to the Pumpkin Crunch Parfaits.  The recipe makes 6, but I doubled it and made them in smaller cups so I ended up with 16.  I used Solo 9 oz punch cups.  I also made a little modification.  I did not add all the Cool Whip to the pumpkin/pudding mix.  I put one cup in and folded it in until there were no more white streaks.  I bought the 16 oz tub of Cool Whip.  I also layered it a bit more like a trifle.  I skipped the nuts.

The recipe below is for 6 parfaits.

3/4 cup cold milk
1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cups whipped topping
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup chopped pecans
32 gingersnap cookies, crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
Additional whipped topping

In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Stir in the whipped topping, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Fold in pecans.

Spoon half of the mixture into parfait glasses; top with half of the gingersnap crumbs. Repeat layers. Top with additional whipped topping. Yield: 6 servings.

2 comments:

Dedi said...

YUM! I am so making these!!

Pa(m)checo said...

I love this idea. I can't wait to try them.And I will add your nuts to it, because everything is better with nuts. :D

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails