Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

9/30/2010

Three Cheese Panini

I kept trying to figure out what I would make for a sandwich that would be good with the Butternut Squash soup.  Then it hit me!  Food Network Magazine has a pullout this month with 50 Panini recipes.

I looked through and found #15 which is the Three Cheese Panini. 

Brush the inside of a split ciabatta roll with pesto.  Fill with a few sliced each of mozzarella, fontina and asiago.  Add a few basil leaves.  Press and cook until golden.

I had to do it a little differently.  I skipped the pesto.  On the bottom section of the roll, I layered the cheese and put it in the microwave for about 45 seconds until the cheese started to melt.  Then I put a couple basil leaves on top of the cheese.

I don't have a panini press so I used our very old George Forman and had Marcel press down on the lid until the rolls got nice and crusty.

They were very good and very filling!




No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails