Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

9/14/2010

Chicken Tortilla Soup (another version)

This also comes from my Pillsbury Pot Pies & Casseroles magazine. 
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 carton (32 oz) Progresso® chicken broth (4 cups)
4 corn tortillas (6 inch), cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Garnishes, if desired
Shredded Cheddar cheese
Sour cream
Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix all soup ingredients except cilantro.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
Stir in cilantro. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 15 minutes longer.
Garnish each serving with cheese and sour cream


I also added about a cup of frozen corn.  I garnished mine with cheese and avocado.  It was a bit bland so I squeezed in some fresh lime juice.  It tasted better, but not as good as the recipe that my neighbor gave me

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

I love chicken tortilla soup. My sister has a recipe which uses a can of refried beans.

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails