Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

10/02/2011

Black Cat Cookies

This is a repost from 9/2009.  I figured since it is officially "Halloween" time, I would share some of our fun recipes/crafts.

Enjoy!

====================

I was issued a challenge by an iVillage Momma to find her a cookie that had actual candy corn in it.  I do have one, but it was posted on Master Chef Victoria's private blog back on 9/10/09.  Here is the recipe, without pictures of my little chef. 

I decided that I was going to try out the recipes for my Halloween workshops and today was Black Cat Cookies!

2 cups sugar
1 cup unsalted butter
3 eggs
1 tbs vanilla
3 cups AP Flour
¾ cup cocoa powder
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
Candy Corn
Red Cinnamon candies

Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat at medium speed until well mixed. Add 1 egg at a time beating well after each addition. Add vanilla; beat until well mixed.

Combine the dry ingredients except candies in a medium bowl. Reduce speed to low and add dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Beat until well mixed.

Divide the dough in half. Shape each half into a ball; flatten to ½ inch. Wrap each half in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm at least 2 hours or quick chill in the freezer.

Heat oven to 350. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface. One half at a time, (keeping remaining dough in the fridge), to ¼ inch thickness. Cut with 3 inch round cookie cutter. Place onto ungreased cookie sheets (I like to use parchment).

Using fingers, pinch up 2 ears at top of each circle. Place 2 candy corn on cookies for eyes and 1 cinnamon candy for nose. Press tines of fork on each side of cookie below the eyes to form whiskers.

Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are set. Let cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire cooling rack.

TIP: Look for different colors and varieties of candy corn to create different colored eyes.

All done, it came out pretty cute I think.



1 comment:

Keri said...

LOL this is awesome!!!! What a great Halloween cookie. You're so ahead of things. You're scaring me!

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails