Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

7/21/2010

Cucumber Melon Martini

A neighbor and fellow foodie had me be a guinea pig recently. We were talking about light and refreshing drinks and the ingredient cucumber came up a couple times. Well after that night I kept thinking about my absolutely favorite scent at Bath and Body works, Cucumber Melon. Just the smell of it brings me mentally back to my second honeymoon in Key West.

Anyway I went searching high and low for a cucumber melon beverage and didn't really find one so I kind of used a couple. So here is what I came up with.

2 oz Smirnoff Melon Vodka
1/2 oz simple syrup
2 or 3 cucumber slices (peeled and seeded)
Club soda

Muddle the cucumber in a cocktail shaker.
Add a cup of ice.
Add the vodka and simple syrup.
Shake vigorously.
Strain into a martini glass and top with a splash of club soda.

You also garnish with a chunk of cantaloupe.


No comments: