Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

6/07/2010

Mexican Rice Salad

I found this recipe called Mexican Rice Salad on another foodie blog called, Jamie Cooks It Up! I bookmarked it for Jimmy's Graduation Party. It was super easy and so good!!!

Salad:
5 C cooked rice (I used white long grain rice)
2-3 tsp salt
2 cans black beans
1 can corn
1 bunch green onions chopped
2 C shredded chicken
1/2 C chopped tomatoes (I like to seed my tomatoes)

Dressing:
1/4 C lime juice
2 tbs vinegar
2 tbs packed brown sugar
2/3 C oil (I used vegetable oil)
4 pickled jalapenos (I used about 5 slices from a big jar)
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin

Cook the rice according to package directions and let cool. I made it on Saturday and just put it in the fridge.

Cook and shred your chicken. (This time I just poached it, when I have more time I like to roast it in the oven. I actually just chopped it up. Again I did this on Saturday and put it in the fridge.)

Make the dressing in a blender.

In a large bowl, mix all the salad ingredients and pour dressing over top. Mix gently to combine.

Chill for at least 1 hour before serving. (I made it very early on Sunday morning)

Everyone that tried it yesterday, raved about it!!

Thanks to Jamie Cooks It Up! for posting this recipe!!! Stop on by her blog for more yummy recipes!!!


1 comment:

Jamie Cooks It Up! said...

Glad you liked the salad, Lynn! Thanks for the link back.