Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

6/25/2010

Blueberry Tartlets

Ok so I didn't make these today. These are actually made by Miss V last July 4th. She first made these way back in Spring of 2007 when she attended Kindercooks class at Young Chefs Academy. Since then she makes them every year for July 4th.

In my haste to organize my scrapbook room, I accidentally tossed a box that I thought was trash. What was in the bottom were literally HUNDREDS of her old recipes. I felt sick for days after realizing it.

When I started getting a mental list of dessert for July 4th I went right to her binder and the recipe was gone. I felt awful!

I recently saw the YCA in Brandon on a Tampa News channel and the staff and kids looked like they genuinely were have a great time. So I emailed the Brandon location and a day later the Chef Amy emailed me back a nice reply and included the recipe!!! I am so grateful for her help. I just wish some how I could get all the recipes back. ::sigh::

Anyway....here is Miss V's favorite dessert to make for July 4th.

Equipment
Measuring cups and spoons
Large bowl
Citrus reamer
Wooden spoon
Standard muffin tin
4 in. biscuit cutter
Small microwave bowl

Ingredients
Pie:
½ cup sugar
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
Dash salt
2 ½ cups frozen blueberries*
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
2 pie crusts

Topping:
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
¾ cups flour
1/3 cup butter, melted

1. Thaw blueberries for about 10 minutes in a bowl. Sprinkle with about 1 Tbsp. of flour and toss to coat.

2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

3. Mix together sugar, cornstarch, salt, blueberries, and lemon juice.

4. Cut pie crusts into 12 4 in. circles. Fit each circle into the muffin tin.

5. Spoon blueberries into each crust.

6. Make the topping by combining the sugar, flour, and butter. Spread evenly over blueberry filling.

7. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Makes 12 servings.

*If using fresh blueberries, omit Step #1.

Eat in any diner in New England during the summer and you are likely to find blueberry pie on the menu. The annual state of Maine Wild Blueberry Festival is held during the last week of August in Union, Maine.


1 comment:

Rebekah said...

these look wonderful. I am thinking Nathaniel would love to make them.

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails