Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

5/14/2010

Montreal Steak Seasoning

This morning I pulled a steak out of the freezer and went in search of a marinade/seasoning. I ran out of Montreal Steak Seasoning which happens to be a favorite. I found a recipe online and cut some of the salt.

4 tablespoons salt (I only used 3)
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon dehydrated onion
1/2 tablespoon dehydrated garlic
1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper
1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
1/2 tablespoon dried fennel
Measure all ingredients into a ziploc bag, seal and shake until thoroughly blended. Store in cool dry place.

I also pulsed this a couple times in my spice grinder (aka old coffee grinder) This is great as is or if you want to make a marinade you can put 1/3 cup of water, 3 tbs vegetable oil, 3 tbs white vinegar and a couple tablespoons of the seasoning in a ziploc bag and up to 2 pounds of meat.


No comments: