Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

2/09/2010

Valentine Heart Shaped Cookies

I decided to make some Valentine Cookies this morning. I normally use the Wilton rolled cookie recipe but some times it can be difficult because of the weather. Today I decided to try a new recipe that some Lucky Charms Mom's use. You can find the link here, or just follow the same directions with my notes below. I did color the dough with a bit of Wilton Rose Gel coloring.

Butter Cookie Dough

1 cup salted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tablespoons whipping cream (I just used light cream)
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract (I didn't use that, I subbed 1/2 tsp peppermint extract)
3 cups unbleached flour (I had to use a bit more because it is a bit humid today)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In a mixer combine butter and sugar. Add egg, cream, vanilla, and almond extract all at once and thoroughly blend.

In a separate bowl stir together flour and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and blend.

Roll out to a thickness of about 1/4 inch and cut with a cookie cutter. Bake on a greased cookie sheet 8 to 12 minutes and cool on a rack.

Makes about 3 dozen cookies. (Dough does not need to be chilled before using.)


I made them into large hearts so it only made 2 dozen cookies and the peppermint flavor is not over powering at all.

I love Wilton sprinkles!

I think I may have an addiction to pretty sprinkles.


Some time I will have to share a picture of my "sprinkle" cabinet.





No comments: