Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

11/06/2009

Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash

To go along with the pork roast, I have an Acorn Squash that needs to be cooked soon. I normally just split it in half and add some salt and pepper, but I am on a new recipe kick. I found this in my very old Betty Crocker cookbook.

Split Acorn Squash in half, lengthwise.

Bake squash for 30 minutes on 350.

Mix 1 large tart red apple, diced, 2 tbs chopped nuts, 2 tbs packed brown sugar, and 1 tbs unsalted butter, melted.

Spoon apple mixture into each squash half. Bake about 30 minutes longer or until the squash is tender.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

This sounds good. If you are ever looking for another acorn squash recipe, I split them, roast them cut side down, then flip them over and put a little butter and some maple syrup on the flesh of the squash and put it back in the oven for a couple of minutes to melt the butter and let the syrup cook into the squash. YUMMY!

Rebekah said...

What a great fall dish! My sister loves squash in the fall.

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails