Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

10/16/2009

Rose' Sangria

I have made this in the past, but not since I started my Foodie Blog. I found the recipe in my Bobby Flay's Boy Gets Grill cookbook. This book is awesome!!

I will be making this for our Adult Halloween Party next Saturday. The original recipe serves 4 to 6, but I will be doubling in a couple times over.

1 bottle (750 ml) dry rose' (750 ml is equal to 4 cups just in case you need to double it is easier to figure it out in cups)

1 cup orange juice, preferably fresh
1/2 cup brandy
1/2 cup triple sec
1/4 cup simple syrup or more to taste
3 cups sliced oranges, lemons, limes, apples, blackberries or blueberries
Ice optional

Combine the wine, orange juice, brandy, triple sec, and simple syrup in a large pitcher. Taste for sweetness, adding more simple syrup if needed. Add half of the fruit and refrigerate for at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours.

When ready to serve, strain out the fruit that's been sitting in the pitcher and discard. Stir in the remaining fruit and serve the sangria straight up or over ice. I prefer it over ice.

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails