Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

9/14/2009

Funfetti Ice Cream

Funfetti, if you know Victoria, you know that it is her favorite kind of cake to make at home. Valentine Funfetti, Easter Funfetti, Halloween Funfetti, Christmas Funfetti, she just can't get enough. I even had one of my iVillage Moms send me a Funfetti Flair..LOL ;O)


I think I am going to attempt to make her some Funfetti Ice Cream this morning. Here is what I came up with.

2 Eggs (or 1/2 cup of egg beaters)
3/4 cup Sugar
2 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 cup of whole milk
2 tsp French vanilla extract
1/2 to 3/4 cup of sprinkles (aka jimmies), not sanding sugar.


Whisk the eggs until light and fluffy. (I just realized a blender works very well!!)

Whisk in the sugar until completely blended. Pour in the whipping cream, milk, and vanilla extract, and keep whisking until smooth. Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions.

About 2 minutes until it is done mixing, add the sprinkles.

Transfer into Snack Size Gladware containers and place into the freezer to finish freezing.

Since it is "Fall" I am going to be using some Wilton Autumn Pumpkin Mix Sprinkles and Leaves Mix Sprinkles.

No comments: