Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

7/29/2009

Pasta Sauce Overload!

I just put dinner in the crock pot. Tonight is what I call Pasta Sauce Overload!

1 pound of homemade meatballs (recipe below)
2 pounds of Italian sausage links (any kind, but I like sweet)
3 jars of Newman's Own Marinara
2 small cans of diced tomato

********

1 pound ground beef (or turkey)
1/2 cup bread crumbs (I like plain then add my own herbs and spices)
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (the good stuff, not from a can)

In a bowl, mix the ground beef (or turkey), bread crumbs, what ever herbs and spices that you like, eggs, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. I used my medium cookie scoop to make the balls. Put one layer on the bottom of your crock pot.

Next I put a jar of Newman's Own Marinara and a can of diced tomatoes.

Now a layer of italian sausage links. I like to take the skin off and pinch off pieces about the size of the meatballs. Put on top of the sauce.

Next another layer of meatballs. Pour another jar of Newman's Own Marinara.

Layer another package of italian sausage skin taken off and pieces pinched off the size of the meatballs.

Pour one more can of diced tomato ontop of the sausage.

Lastly another jar of Newman's Own Marinara.

Cover and cook on high for 5 1/2 hours.

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails