I recently picked up a Family Circle Magazine because it had a couple copycat recipes. I love copycat recipes. Anyway the one that got my attention was the Coffee Crumb Cakes (the little ones in the plastic wrap). So I made a double batch for the egg hunt this past Saturday.
Prep: 10 minutes Bake: 20 minutes
1- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/3 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup packed dark-brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup all-purpose flour
1. Heat oven to 350°. Coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick spray and dust with flour.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium-size bowl. Whisk to blend. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, and continue beating until smooth. Add flour mixture alternating with milk until just blended. Stir in vanilla.
3. Divide batter evenly among indents of prepared pan (about 1/4 cup in each).
4. Topping: Combine sugars, cinnamon and salt in a medium-size bowl. Stir in melted butter.
Add flour and rub mixture with hands to make crumb topping. Mixture should clump together and form little balls. Sprinkle topping over batter in the cups, about 1 heaping tablespoon for each.
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean; 15 to 20 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
They tasted very good but they were huge! Not sure if it is because I double the recipe and I used two 12 muffing pans. Next time I will make a single batch and still use two pans, but not fill them all the way up. I think instead of 12 it would make like 16 and be the perfect size.