Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

3/18/2009

Pasta & Meatballs

When I asked Victoria what she thought would be good for dinner she said pasta and meatballs. I don't have a real recipe for my sauce. I just dump a couple jars of spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, minced garlic, onion and all sorts of spices into the crock pot and let it go all day. Usually I have store bought meatballs in the freezer, this week I don't.

So here is the meatball recipe that I made this morning.

1 pound ground beef (or turkey)
1/2 cup bread crumbs (I like plain then add my own herbs and spices)
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (the good stuff, not from a can)

In a bowl, mix the ground beef (or turkey), bread crumbs, what ever herbs and spices that you like, eggs, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. I used my medium cookie scoop to make the balls, and drop into the sauce. Cook for 4 to 5 hours on high.

Serve over your favorite pasta shape.

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails