Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

1/28/2009

Greek Salad

I am now resorting to making this at home, since our absolutely favorite pizza place closed.

1 large Cucumber, chopped
2 Roma (plum) Tomatoes, chopped
1 (5 ounces) jar pitted Kalamata Olives
1 (4 ounces) package Feta Cheese, crumbled
1 Red Onion, halved and thinly sliced
2 heads pf Romaine Lettuce Leaves chopped
1/2 (10 ounces) package Baby Greens or Spring Mix Salad
5 or 6 Pepperoncini

Layer the lettuces, cucumber, onion, tomato, cheese on a large plate or platter. Sprinkle with some dried oregano. Then place the olives and pepperonchini around the edges.


I also have whole wheat pitas to cut into pieces.

And of course the dressing, I love this one from Kraft.

Photobucket

For your viewing pleasure, pictures of my wonderful greek salad
Photobucket
Photobucket

Sharing this recipe here:
Seaside Simplicity:  Wanted Salads

2 comments:

Jen C. said...

That looks fabulous! I'm thinking I may have to venture out when the snow and ice stop falling to buy a few ingredients.

Martha (MM) said...

LOVE Greek salad, it's a regular on the menu at my house. Thanks for linking this one up too!

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails