Copyright

©Life of a Foodie and Her Family 2008-2013, Lynn Tabor

Pinterest

1/09/2009

Banana Bread

I had way to many over ripe banana sitting on the counter this morning. So I decided to make some banana bread. I found a new recipe on All Recipes, I did a bit tweaking.

I doubled the recipe since I had two cups of mashed bananas, so here is the double version

4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
10 tbs milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter
2 cups mashed bananas
1 cup walnuts chopped

Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.

In a large bowl cream sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Mix in bananas. Mix in sifted ingredients until just combined. Stir in walnuts and milk. Spread batter into one greased and floured 9x5 inch loaf pan.

Bake at 350 until top is brown and cracks along the top.

Since this was a double batch, I filled one pan. Then mixed in some mini chocolate chips and then filled the other pan. Both are in the oven now.

Updated 1/12/09 it was very good!

No comments:

LinkWithin and Pintrest

Related Posts with Thumbnails